AnnMarie

AnnMarie

The Devil in Disguise - Stefanie Sloane So, I just figured out that I really like a spy theme in my historical romance reads. Therefore this book was right up my alley. I truly enjoyed the Young Corinthian’s organization and the mystery plot in this novel, although the reasoning behind the kidnapping plot could’ve been better explained and expounded on. I also liked all of the characters but I did especially like Iron Will. Truth be told, I love an alpha male who doesn’t think he deserves the heroine’s love. And Will certainly didn’t think he deserved Lucinda’s love, but I did! And I considered Lucinda a fairly strong heroine who thought she knew exactly what she wanted in life. But her heart obviously had other ideas.

The attraction for these two was instant but I liked the way Will had to talk her into their “courtship” with the use of his horse. The heat level was a little mild and I would’ve enjoyed a few more sex scenes between our hero and heroine. And I just loved the aunts (“the furies”), though I would’ve liked to have seen a bit more banter with them. They added a nice little spark to the story.

Fortunately this book grabbed me from the beginning. I say fortunately because there were quite a few typos. Even though I was prepared for these typos (based on the other helpful reviews) it was still jarring and pulled me out of the story. I did like the story though and I really would’ve liked to have given it 5 stars, but 4 stars it has to be.